The Indiana State Fair Foundation, and the Clifford family, are proud to offer the Terry Clifford Memorial Leadership Award. The award was created in memory of Terry Clifford, past President of the Indiana State Fair Board, who passed away in August 2022. Terry was a lifelong supporter of the Indiana State Fair, Indiana 4-H and FFA. Terry’s passion for youth in Indiana was on display every day of his life. This award will continue Terry’s legacy by recognizing Indiana youth who exemplify leadership and service to their communities.
The award will be given annually to one Indiana high school student who has been enrolled in Indiana FFA or Indiana 4-H for a minimum of 2 years and has actively participated in the State Fair within the past 4 years.
This is a Leadership Award, not a scholarship. The recipient will not be required to use the proceeds for future educational expenses, but rather for whatever purpose that will allow them to continue to grow as leaders in the community.
The deadline for applying is July 1, 2023.
- Any Indiana High School Student who has been enrolled in FFA or 4-H for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Must have participated in the Indiana State Fair in the past 4 years
- Entered at least one 4-H or open class competitive event (does not have to be a livestock project)
- And/or worked in the 4-H Exhibit Hall or FFA Pavilion
- One (1) $1,000 Leadership Award given annually
- Complete a two-page application
- Write an essay, in 500 words or less, on one of the following topics:
- Describe a time you demonstrated leadership
- Describe a challenge you have overcome
- Tell us about a personal achievement
- Tell us about a contribution you’ve made to your community
- In-person interview with the selection committee
- Three (3) members of the Clifford family
- One (1) representative from the Indiana State Fair Board
- One (1) representative from the Indiana State Fair Foundation
- Email completed application and essay to:
- Application deadline is July 1, 2023
- Finalist interviews will take place during the annual Indiana State Fair
- Recipient will be notified on/before the last day of August
- Recipient will be recognized at the annual Indiana State Fair Foundation Celebration of Champions event, held each September.
READY TO APPLY?Click here
to download the application