Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Each year during the Indiana State Fair more than 20,000 children – ages 10 and under – experience life as a farmer at Little Hands on the Farm pres. by CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings Plan. The State Fair Education Department relies on the help of numerous individuals to interact with guests and run the different stations on the farm, while also restocking supplies throughout the day.
Groups willing to volunteer their time will sign up for shifts (between 9AM – 8PM daily) with a minimum of 10-12 volunteers needed during open hours. Shifts available are 8:30AM – 2:30PM. and 2 – 8PM.
Spouses and children 13 years of age and older are also encouraged to join! All volunteers will be provided a script for each area of the farm and will be rotated to different areas throughout their shift. Volunteers are encouraged to wear clothing branded for their organization; signage recognizing the organization will be placed at the entrance to Little Hands on the Farm.
All volunteers will receive a Fair ticket for admission and will be able to park in our Employee Lot where they can utilize the Employee Shuttle for easy in and out of the Fairgrounds. This area also creates a convenient meeting point for your volunteers.
If you have questions, please contact Katie Starkey at email@example.com.
Checklist to Participate
- Register group and select a date and shift to volunteer
- Provide a group contact who will serve as the group coordinator and communicate with Indiana State Fair Staff
- Recruit volunteers
- Upload volunteer roster
- Confirm volunteer participation
- Arrive 30-40 minutes prior to shift start time
- Have fun volunteering at Little Hands on the Farm!
Uploading your Completed Volunteer Roster
- Complete the Volunteer Roster that was provided during registration
- Log back in to the Indiana State Fair registration system
- Once your current order appears, click EDIT on far right
- In Step 2, click Upload Volunteer Roster at bottom of the page
- Search for your completed Volunteer Roster file on your computer and select to attach
- Click through to end of registration and Submit