GIVING TUESDAY 2019 – A FREIGHT FARM
Help us purchase Indiana’s FIRST Freight Farm! This innovative farm will provide the hundreds of thousands of students and Fair guests that visit the Fairgrounds annually the chance to learn about local, fresh, sustainable food! We’ll us to donate a portion of the produce we grow back to our community!
WHAT IS A FREIGHT FARM?
- Vertical farming in 320 square feet
- Growing up to 4 tons of produce a year
- Is climate-controlled, allowing for 365 perfect growing days
- Uses as little water as possible, averaging just 5 gallons per day!
WHAT WILL OUR FREIGHT FARM DO?
- Provide over 900,000 annual fairgoers and students with the opportunity to learn about local, fresh, sustainable food
- Grow more than 8,000 plants including lettuce, herbs, small root vegetables, berries, small peppers, tomatoes and more at one time
- Give back to our community through produce donation
- Provide a harvest and taste opportunity to more than 12,000 students during their field trip experience