Our facility is versatile, so the types of events held here are varied and diverse. We have resources in-house as well as preferred vendors to help make each event a success. When budgeting for your event, please know that base rent includes the venue only and other services and equipment will bring additional costs.
Facility Rental Inquiry
Please complete the facility rental inquiry form to reserve a venue and dates.
Before any event can be promoted or take place, a completed user agreement must be on file including certificate of insurance and your deposit.
Depending on the nature of your event, an entertainment permit may be required (see Safety Guidelines). If you’re using pyrotechnics, additional approvals are necessary.
You will receive a promoter packet with important timelines, checklists and information about ordering services (i.e. electric, event decorating, etc.).
Cost estimates will be provided to the best of our availability once you’ve worked with a staff member on developing your event. The estimate will be included in your user agreement, but is subject to change with additional services and equipment.
The following documents will be a part of your user agreement:
It’s important you review these materials along with your user agreement.
If you’re interested in learning more about venue availability and pricing for space and services, please complete the form and a member of the team will contact you regarding availability as well as the application and contracting process.
We have in-house equipment for your needs! From tables and chairs to horse stalls and staging, if we don’t have it in house, we can find it or refer you to a preferred vendor. Pricing will be based on your requested needs. If you’re unsure if there’s a fee associated with a service or cost, just ask.
Additionally, we have access to forklifts, JLG’s and other machine operated equipment for rent.
Services with fees
We have preferred vendors for several services and pricing will be estimated based on the event needs. At times, our team may make recommendations or minimum requirements. The following are some services you may need for your event.
- IATSE Local 30 is our exclusive theatrical/stagehand provider. Depending on the size of your production, our in-house team will help determine the manpower needs for your event.
- Housekeeping is provided by our preferred vendor. We will work with you to determine the most appropriate staffing levels for your event.
- Electric and Data needs are provided by our exclusive vendor, ERMCO, Inc. Depending on the planning for your event, you may work directly with them or we can assist with coordinating additional needs.
- Security may be provided by one of our preferred vendors depending whether you want t-shirt security or armed, off duty officers. There are times when we will allow outside security, but it needs to be coordinated with our internal Safety/Security team.
- Event Staff may be provided by our preferred vendor for ticket taking, ushering or roaming t-shirt security.
- Medical/EMT services may be provided by our preferred vendor. Knowing the nature of the event and its participants and/or attendees will help determine the number of staff and type of services needed.
- Event decorating may be provided by one of our preferred vendors. If you have your own event decorator in mind, please talk to a team member to make sure they can work at our venue.
- Fire watch may be required for your event depending on venue and the Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center uses its approved list of qualified fire watch experts.
- We have a professional in-house marketing team to assist you with your event beyond what you receive as part of your user agreement. If you think you may need additional marketing services, we’ll connect you with the right staff person to go over options and pricing.
- We charge a $5 parking/facility fee for all cars. Parking passes for you and your exhibitors may be provided or for an additional fee. Depending on the nature of your event, you may want to consider a parking “buyout” so your guests don’t need to pay.
- Parking space adjacent to venues is not exclusive to your event. We can reserve parking; talk to our staff about costs.
- Since we are a multi-event venue, our parking team will guide patrons parking based on availability and access plans. In other words, guests may not always park closest to the desired venue.
- We do offer complimentary shuttle service during most weekends.
When there’s an event on the Fairgrounds, there’s a venue team on site! On-site staff may include:
- A Manager on Duty (events in the Indiana Farmers Coliseum will have a dedicated staff)
- Safety/Security official
- 24-hours staff security guard(s)
- Contracted security
- Maintenance technician(s)
- Operation crew(s)
- Parking Services